As crazy as it is, the FDA will not let food producers tell you the scientific benefits of their food, even if the information is entirely true and backed by peer reviewed scientific research. Their reason, if food can prevent a disease then it must be classified as a drug. I say this is just plain nuts!
Since I am not a food producer or a doctor, I am taking it upon myself to get the word out through The Ageless Beauty Report.
What is it that the FDA does not want you to know about my favorite nut – Walnuts?
- Good source of plant based omega – 3 fats, which are good for your skin, your hair and your nails
- Helps treat depression
- Helps reduce risk of prostate cancer
- Helps reduce risk of breast cancer
- Boosts heart health in diabetics
- Reduce LDL cholesterol levels
- Lowers C-Reactive Protein (CRP is recognized as a predictor of heart disease)
- Great source of plant protein
- Good source of antioxidants and anti-inflammatory nutrients
- Good source of Biotin which promotes healthy skin and hair. (symptoms of Biotin deficiency include hair loss, skin rash, depression, anemia, high cholesterol, and heart problems)
The other crazy thing about nuts is that the FDA recently decided that all nuts must be pasteurized to make sure there is no bacteria. The problem is that when you pasteurize anything you kill the most beneficial enzymes. If you buy walnuts at the store, even if the package says “raw” on it they have been pasteurized. To make sure my walnuts are truly raw I buy them at the local farmers market, fresh from the farm. I always ask “are they pasteurized?”. You can also get truly raw walnuts online.
I always have a jar of walnuts sitting out, easy access for the whole family. I like to eat ½ cup a day to keep my hair and skin looking good. They make a great snack just plain, or you can add them to oatmeal, yogurt or salad.
Now that you know the real benefits, go ahead and go nuts over walnuts.
The Ageless Beauty Report, helping you become the ageless beauty you were born to be.