By now everyone knows how bad sugar is for you. It can cause weight gain, and raise your blood sugar levels, which causes inflammation, and is the beginning of all disease.
If that is not enough to change your sugary ways, this will surely get an ageless wannabe’s attention.
According to dermatologist Dr. Fredric Brandt, author of 10 minutes/10 years ,
whose clients include Cher, Madonna and Ellen Barkin,
“Sugar hastens the degradation of elastin and collagen, both key skin proteins, in other words, it actively ages you”.
Every ageless beauty wannabe needs every bit of collagen and elastin you can hold on to. Without it your skin will start to sag. Talk about motivation to give up sugar, or at the very least cut way back.
- Wheat which releases sugar during digestion
- All Dairy
- Most Fruit – too high in carbs/sugar
- Alcohol which contains sugar
- Grains with Gluten and Yeast
- Potatoes, carrots, beets – too high in carbs which turn to sugar
What can you eat?
- Chicken, fish and shellfish
- Non-roasted nuts and seeds
- Non gluten grains such as millet and spelt
- Non-starchy vegetables such as broccoli, kale, green beans, cabbage, spinach
- Gluten –free bread and cereals
- Brown rice
- Berries and Green Apples, which have a low glycemic index.
Dr. Brandt says that not only did he drop 20 lbs, but within 10 days he saw an increased radiance and elasticity in his face. He says people were even asking him if he had work done on his face. He told them yes the work he did was to change his diet.
As difficult as it can be to eliminate sugar from your diet, I say look at it the ageless beauty way.
Eliminating sugar from your diet is a healthy and affordable way to treat yourself to a “natural face-lift”.
You can also check out my article The Face Lift Everyone Can Afford.