When it comes to slowing down the aging process Food is the Foundation. The Foundation for optimal health, which is the only way to truly slow down the aging process.
I had the privilege of meeting Cari Schaefer, a natural health practitioner who in the last 16 years has helped hundreds of people greatly improve their health, and live a more vital life, by using food as a core healing tool.
In this country, politics and greed, have created the dire need to rethink the way we eat. Unfortunately we are not being taught how to do this. Our education system, the media, and western medicine has over looked this vital component to optimal health.
Cari Schaefer has put together The Food Solution, a book that teaches the truth about food. I recommend you get this book and refer to it often. After all, we only get one body, and knowing how to take care of it, will not only slow down the aging process, it could save your life.
Here is an excerpt.
The Food Solution
by Cari Schaefer, M.A., TCM, L.A.c.
In the last 100 years in America, everything has changed about the way food is grown, processed, and prepared. These changes have riddled our food with chemicals and other toxins, turning it into C.R.A.P.—and this C.R.A.P. makes us sick.
The Food Solution was written because from my experience too many people do not know this and if they do they are unaware of how bad it actually is.
I have learned through first hand experience through my own health challenges and years of clinical experience that “It isn’t the kind of diet we eat that matters, as much as the quality of what we eat that makes the difference to our health.
Whether you choose to eat a diet of mostly meat and vegetables, or a vegan diet is not as important as whether the food is fresh, and grown without chemicals.
Have you ever wondered what people mean when they say, “You need to eat a whole food diet?”
I know I did for years and I know many of my clients did too. Eating a whole food diet simply means eating food in its original form without added hidden chemicals.
How do you know if a food product is free of chemicals? With a food industry that loves to hide things from us, there are over 14,000 chemicals added to our food, 3,000 of which per law never have to be put on a label, it can be difficult. But difficult or not, if you care about your health and the health of your family it is really important you do.
Why is it so important to get the chemicals out of your diet? It is so important because most chemicals are either carcinogenic, cancer causing need I say more, or xeno-estrogens. Xeno-estrogens are fake estrogens that act like estrogen in the body, but in all the bad ways. They promote breast and ovarian cancer in women. They promote the development of fibroids, PMS and other hormonal imbalances as well as infertility. They promote infertility in men too and can even promote breast cancer in them as well. In children, they affect sexual development and increase their overall likelihood of developing cancer. And they promote weight-gain which can increase your chances of developing many other diseases.
These are just a few of the reasons that getting chemicals out of your diet is so important. By choosing food instead of the C.R.A.P. you being sold to replace food, you will by default doing one other important thing; increasing the nutrient density of the food you eat. When food is altered nutrients are lost. It is that simple.
Following are some suggestions as to how you can get the C.R.A.P. out of your diet and increase the nutrient density of your food.
- Buy your produce directly from the farmer through Farmers Markets and Consumer Supported Agriculture clubs. When you buy directly from the farmer you can ask questions about how your food is grown directly from the source. Organic laws have been weakened over the years. Food labeled organic can now have added synthetic chemicals in it. When you buy directly from the farmer you can ask questions such as is your food grown using the original organic laws, or the more recent weakened laws?
- Buy your meat from small ranchers and farmers. Chemicals stick to fat, and animal products contain more fat. Fat consumption is essential for good health and for healthy skin, however it must be healthy fat you eat to be healthful. When you buy from small ranchers, you can easily find out how the animals have been raised by asking questions. You can ask about how the animals are fed, are they caged or do they spend the majority of their life with free-range access. Do they add chemicals to their meat and if so which ones and why? Large meat sellers are required by law to add chemicals to meat. You can ask where the animal is slaughtered, how far from home and with how many other animals at a time. When meat is slaughtered in large slaughter-houses it is exposed to high levels of stress, poorly treated and then the meat is often treated with ammonia or bleach. By buying directly from small ranchers you can avoid supporting these practices and also avoid many of these hidden sources of chemicals. Farmers markets and CSA’s are often good sources of clean meat products
- Keep the plastic out of your food and water. Soft plastic has a chemical coating that when ingested acts like a xeno-estrogen. There is no reason to be adding more in your body by using it. Buy and store your water in glass. Use glass containers to store your food. Buy the paper versions of sandwich bags. A few simple changes can go a long way to protecting you and your families health.
The sad truth is that unless you are paying attention than more likely than not C.R.A.P. is showing up on your dinner table.
Since it contributes to both physical and psychological illnesses, including:
- heart disease
- and even cancer
And it dulls your skin, plays a roll in the development of brown spots, and even encourages the development of wrinkles. Isn’t getting it out a really good idea?
We have forgotten in this country the reason we eat, to nourish our bodies and minds to grow and thrive
For many, it is hard to believe that what we are being sold to eat has moved from being a health promoting substance to a substance that is actually causing harm to your body.
Based on over 16 years of clinical practice and research, The Food Solution shows you how to identify, find, and eat food. With the 21-Day Diet Detox, the transition is easy because it can be tailored to fit your unique lifestyle.
If you’re overweight, feeling tired, suffering from a health problem, or just need a tune-up—The Food Solution will jumpstart your lifelong journey of healthy living.
If you buy the book Cari has a 21- Day Diet Detox 3-Part Tele-Series, a $149 Value Absolutely Free.
If you are interested in
- Losing Weight
- Stopping the sugar cravings
- Starting the New Year on the right path
- Getting the C.R.A.P out so you feel better
Then don’t miss out on this great opportunity. Class starts Monday February 1st @ 7PM
Get your copy of The Food Solution then enroll by emailing or calling.
I can’t think of a better Age Less goal for 2016!