When I first found out about this new, inexpensive, natural way to prevent and even “clear” the Human Papilloma Virus (HPV) from Dr. Christine Horner, I jumped for joy. For me one of the most disturbing trends I have seen in the last few years is the push by doctors and mainstream media for the Gardisil Vaccination. A vaccination that has been shown to cause severe devastating side effects including paralyzation, sterilization and even death in too many people. For more information on the dangers of Gardisil click here.
Optimal health is the foundation for beauty and aging brilliantly. Knowledge is your most important tool. Please help spread this knowledge by sharing this article with your friends. Everyone deserves to know about this lifesaving breakthrough.
FYI Dr. Christine Horner will be one of the featured speakers at the next Women With A Purpose Conference Sunday March 19th, 2017. (check back soon for the early bird special price)
A Breakthrough in HPV Prevention and Treatment
by Dr. Christine Horner.
Human Papilloma Virus (HPV) is the most common sexually transmitted disease. Up to 70 percent of sexually active adults will develop an infection with HPV at some point in their life. There are more than 100 known strains of HPV and fortunately, the majority of which are not harmful. About 40 types can be sexually transmitted, however only a few strains are considered high-risk. The most significant health concern associated with a chronic HPV infection is cancer. Almost all cervical cancers are thought to be caused by HPV with over 99 percent testing positive for this virus—especially for strains 16 and 18. HPV is also associated with several other types of cancer in men and women including cancers of the anus, mouth, throat, vagina, and penis. The good news is that up to 98 percent of people who are exposed to HPV will clear it on their own. In other words, the immune system in most individuals is able to destroy the virus and eradicate the infection. Only in a very small percentage does the infection persist and lead to an increased risk of cancer. Studies show most of those who develop chronic HPV infections have at least one of several risk factors, such as having multiple sexual partners and/or a weakened immune system caused by poor nutrition, smoking, or excess alcohol.
There is no known effective Western treatment that will eradicate a chronic HPV infection. Therefore to lower the risk of cervical cancer in women who have these infections, the only option offered by Western doctors is to get yearly Pap smears. This test is able to detect abnormal cells early before they become an invasive cancer. This approach has actually been very effective and has led to a 74% decrease in the incidence of cervical cancer. However it is not ideal, because it often requires an invasive procedure or surgery to remove the abnormal cells, which can also cause a variety of complications.
A Natural Cure?
Exciting recent research from the University of Texas Health Sciences Center (UTHealth) Medical School gives great hope to those with chronic HPV infections. A natural immune-boosting ingredient from Japan called AHCC (Active Hexose Correlated Compound) was found to be very effective against this virus. Lead researcher, Judith Smith PhD, first tested this formula made from the extract of several subspecies of shiitake medicinal mushrooms on mice with HPV. She found that AHCC eradicated the infection in all the animals and presented these results to the Society of Gynecological Oncology 45th Annual Meeting on Women’s Cancer in Tampa, Florida in March 2014.
Later that year, Dr. Smith conducted a small human-clinical pilot study which she presented at the 11th International Conference for the Society of Integrative Oncology. In this study, ten women with HPV were given daily AHCC mushroom extract. The virus was completely eradicated in three women after taking AHCC for only three months. For the majority, the infection cleared within 6 months. Currently she is conducting a much larger clinical trial to confirm the effectiveness of AHCC for chronic HPV.
Active Hexose Correlated Compound
Active Hexose Correlated Compound is a natural immune-modulating compound derived from a unique fraction of specially-cultured shiitake mushroom mycelia (roots). It has been the subject of nearly 100 published studies and over 20 human clinical trials conducted at major institutions including Yale Medical School, Columbia Presbyterian Hospital, and MD Anderson Cancer Center. These studies reveal that AHCC is very beneficial for patients with a variety of cancers including breast, prostate, and liver. It also improves outcomes in those with hepatitis and other liver diseases, and has antiviral and antibacterial effects. Because of its well-documented health benefits, over 1,000 medical clinics and hospitals worldwide have prescribed AHCC to their patients. In Japan, AHCC is routinely given in hospitals to cancer patients because of improved survival statistics.
Boosting Your Immune System
To prevent or eradicate HPV infections, it is also important to boost your immune system with healthy diet and lifestyle habits. Here are some of the most important to adopt:
- Avoid processed foods and especially sugar, and instead favor fresh organic produce.
- Consume fermented foods such as kefir, kombucha, and sauerkraut because they supply healthy bacteria to your intestinal tract, which are important for the production of immune cells.
- Exercise daily. Thirty minutes of brisk walking should be your minimum goal. Be careful not to over-exercise, because it can have the opposite effect and stress your immune system.
- Get optimal sleep. Scientists have documented that to stay healthy; most people require about 7 to 8 hours of sleep a night. Equally important are the exact times that you sleep. Due mostly to hormonal fluctuations caused by circadian rhythms, experts discovered that the best hours for sleep are between the hours of 10 PM and 6 AM.
- Practice an effective stress-reducing technique daily. Research shows that techniques such as meditation, Tai chi, or yoga help to reduce stress hormones and train your nervous system to stay calmer. Stress is known to cause one of the biggest assaults to your immune system—so keeping it in check is essential.
- Keep your vitamin D levels up. Vitamin D is a critical component for a healthy immune system. Most people need a minimum of 2,000 IU a day, but others may require two or three times more. The only way to know how much vitamin D you should be taking is to get your levels checked. You can conveniently check your levels without leaving home by ordering a kit from powerofD.org. It is recommended to recheck your levels every 6 months.
- Hang out with your friends. Studies show the one factor that affects your health the most—more than diet, smoking, and even genetics—is feeling loved and supported. So spending regular time with good friends—especially laughing and hugging—is one of the best habits you can practice to keep your immune system strong.
Christine Horner, MD is a board certified and nationally recognized surgeon, author, professional speaker and a relentless champion for women’s health. She spearheaded legislation in the 1990s that made it mandatory that insurance companies pay for breast reconstruction following mastectomy. She is the author of the award-winning book, Waking the Warrior Goddess: Dr. Christine Horner’s Program to Protect Against and Fight Breast Cancer, and Radiant Health, Ageless Beauty. For more information go to www.drchristinehorner.com