Your skin is your largest organ and the most outwardly visible sign of how fast or how slow you are aging.
We are wasting billions of dollars per year on personal care products that are supposed to make our skin look more youthful, but in truth these products are preventing our skin from performing it’s number one function and in the long run accelerating aging.
If you are truly interested in more youthful skin and assisting the skin in it’s vital functions, there are some simple steps you can take that will make a huge difference.
First let’s take a close look at the skin:
One square inch of skin contains the following:
- 65 hairs
- 9,500,000 cells
- 95-100 oil glands
- 650 sweat glands
- 19 yards of blood vessels
- 78 yards of nerves
- 78 sensory apparatuses for heat
- 1,300 never endings to record pain
- 19,500 sensory cells at the end of the nerve fibers
- 160-165 pressure apparatuses for perception of tactile stimuli
- 13 sensory apparatuses for cold
The Function of Skin
- Protects your delicate internal organs
- Maintains body shape
- Regulates body temperature
- Acts as a sense organ responsive to heat, cold and pain
- Absorbs substances directly into the blood stream
- Responsible for 1/4 of the body’s detoxification each day
In just 26 seconds the skin absorbs whatever you put on it directly into the blood stream.
This fact should be a huge wake up call. What you put on your skin goes into your blood very quickly. Take a look at the ingredient list of the personal care products you use. Are you willing to serve up those same ingredients at the dinner table? If not, change your buying habits. The Ageless Beauty Report offers the purest, most powerful toxic free skin care products on the market today.
Detoxification is one of the most important functions of the skin.
If you are applying antiperspirants and personal care products that contain chemicals, synthetic ingredients and mineral oil on your skin then you are literally blocking the skin’s ability to release toxins through the skin. This is huge. 1/4 of detoxification happens through your skin. If you block that process then those toxins have to go somewhere else. They usually end up in your liver.
The liver can only detox so much. It wasn’t designed to do it all alone. This may be one reason we are seeing a rise in liver issues. What happens when the liver has more toxins than it can handle? Well it can cause skin issues, fatigue, stiffness in the joints, and a number of other health issues including cancer.
What does the skin need to help it detox 1/4 of the bodies toxins?
The skin needs water, lots of water, in order to function properly. If you don’t drink enough water, 1/2 your body weight in ounces every day, then the body can not release toxins through the skin. The body is so smart that when it is low on water, it hangs on to what it has got in order to protect the body from death due to dehydration.
What is the #1 cause of wrinkles?
You may be surprised to learn that the #1 cause of wrinkles is due to dehydration from not drinking enough water. When you are dehydrated the skin looses elasticity and starts to sag and wrinkle.
Drinking half your body weight in ounces of pure water every day is the #1 way to prevent wrinkles.
Now that you know the most important key to youthful skin, you will be able to spot dehydration a mile a way. It is the same as a grape vs a raisin. One is plump due to water content the other is shriveled and wrinkled due to lack of water. It really is that simple.
Skin indications of internal issues
The skin can also tell us that something on the inside of the body is not quite right.
- Acne can be a result of a hormonal imbalance
- Eczema, Seborrhea, Psoriasis can be a result of an abundance of sugar
- Athlete’s Foot can be caused by a candida overgrowth
- Vitiligo, a loss of skin color pigmentation, can be a result of not eating enough protein or not digesting proteins
- Warts can be a viral infection of the skin or mucous membranes.
Natural Health Protocols for Beautiful Skin
There are so many things you can do to help promote beautiful skin. I have already mentioned drinking plenty of water.
- Fun Sweaty Activities – speed up the detoxification process.
- Massage – releases toxins
- Exfoliation – gets rid of dead skin cells making it easier for the body to release toxins through the skin
- Dry Skin Brushing – Take a dry body brush and before you jump in the shower or bath, brush your entire body in vigorous motions toward the heart. This not only sloughs off dry skin cells, it also stimulates your lymphatic system to release toxins Be sure to brush longer on lymphatic points, behind the knees, the groin, the underarms and the sides of the neck.
- Sleep – 7- 8 hours a night is vital for youthful skin
There are also essential nutrients the body needs for youthful skin.
If you follow The Ageless Beauty Report you know that I have written a lot about Vitamin C. read The Real Anti Aging Story Behind Vitamin C. The body must have plenty of Vitamin C in order to produce collagen. Yes the body manufactures collagen. It is the protein fiber that is stronger than steel wire of the same weight and it keeps the skin firm, tight and supple. Collagen also holds the entire body together.
Studies suggest that we need a lot more than just the Recommended Daily Allowance of 90 mg per day. When we are stressed or sick our bodies use a lot more Vitamin C. How much do you need? I personally recommend starting out with 1,000 mg 3x a day. If you are always well and your skin is looking great, this may be all you need. I personally take 2,000 mg 3x a day.
Vitamin C is anti viral, anti bacterial and anti fungal and is non toxic.
The Ageless Beauty Report now offers an affordable high quality Vitamin C that will not upset your stomach in high doses.
Ultra Potent-C is manufactured in the United States with a unique blend of metabolites that help the body better utilize the vitamin C. It is also buffered.
Sign you are lacking in collagen.
If you are starting to get vertical lines around your lip line, this is one of the first signs your body needs help producing more collagen.
Other nutrients that can boost collagen production and increase the beauty of your skin, hair and nails include:
- Horsetail also known as shave grass or silica
- B Vitamins
- MSM (aka organic sulfur)
- Alpha-Ketoglutaric Acid
ollagenics contains the nutrients that are scientifically known to be involved in the biochemical processes that support healthy connective tissue and collagen production.
The first time I heard about this product was at a conference full of alternative and integrative health professionals. They were all talking about what a difference this product made in their hair, skin and nails. I knew that if this product was working for them it would work for you.
One of the things that impressed me the most was that this product does not have collagen in it. It has the nutrients that helps boost the body’s own ability to produce more collagen.
So beware of other “Collagen” supplements on the market. If they contain collagen I would be very suspicious.
To Recap the Keys to Beautiful Skin
- Drink plenty of pure water every day. (1/2 your body weight in ounces)
- 1,000 – 2,000 mg of Ultra Potent – C 1,000 3x a day