You are probably thinking exactly what I thought when I was introduced to Chaga.
What the heck is it?
My nutritional supplement guru told me “take Chaga and it will get rid of free radicals and help you live forever.” I gave him that “you can’t be serious” look.
But I trust him, and at $24.25 for a bottle of 90 vegetarian caps, I decided it was worth a try.
When I came home and did the research I was quite impressed. Why is it that we Americans seem to be so behind the times?
Chaga has been used in Russia, northern Asia, Canada, Norway and eastern Europe for hundreds even thousands of years.
What is it?
Chaga is an extremely potent immune enhancing fungus. It is of the mushroom family, but does not resemble a mushroom at all.
It is hard and woody and looks like a cracked piece of burned charcoal. Chaga’s black color is due to a concentration of melanin, the same pigment that colors human skin.
David Wolfe one of the foremost experts on superfoods explains why he uses Chaga in his smoothies.
You can get Chaga in powder form from Mountain Rose Herbs.
What can Chaga do for you?
Reduce inflammation – this is the #1 cause of aging and the beginning of every disease. In fact nothing will age your skin faster than inflammation…which can cause wrinkles, bro The extremely strong anti-inflammatory properites of Chaga is the reason the Chinese believe that Chaga prevents disease therefore leading to a healthier and longer life.
- Cure Psoriasis – In one Russian study, psoriasis patients who took Chaga made a complete recovery.
- Chaga has also been reported to help with Herpes and Hepatitis C.
- Chaga is rich in natural antioxidants which boosts the immune system.
- Chaga is known as an anti cancer agent. It reportedly prevents cancer cells from replicating, and causes premature cancer cell death.
- Chaga can play a beneficial role in controlling metabolic disorders such as obesity
When it comes right down to it, Chaga can do a lot for an ageless beauty. Not only can it reduce or reverse aging due to the extreme antioxidant content, but even more importantly it can help heal some very serious health issues.